The Westport Police Department’s Office Reserve Division proudly serves the Westport Community.
It is comprised of volunteers who are sworn officers empowered by the Town Council to help preserve law and order in the town.
All Qualified Reserves must complete a 600-hour Reserve Academy along with the Field Training Officer program. Each Reserve Officer is expected to work a minimum of 24 hours each month and attend a mandatory meetings
A Qualified Reserve Officer performs patrol duties, having full law enforcement authority.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. citizenship by time of appointment
- Valid Driver’s License with not more than 6 active points
- No felony convictions or domestic violence convictions
- Legal ability to possess firearm
- High School or equivalency diploma
- Ability to read and write English
- No Operating While Intoxicated convictions in last 5 years
- No dishonorable or undesirable discharge from military
- No illegal drug use in last 3 years
- Pass all portions of the selection process, including a physical fitness assessment, background check, medical and psychological screening, and multiple written and practical exams during the Reserve Academy
- Live in Decatur County or one of the adjacent counties
- Must be at least 21 years of age (no upper age limit)
Interested in applying? Please contact the Town Hall or the Westport Police Department for an application.